NHS Human Services, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Direct Care Worker
at NHS Human Services, Inc.
Job TitleDirect Care Worker
Location9990 Verree Road-6400E
Shift2nd Shift - with week-ends
Schedule-Week 1Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat. 2:30p-11p
Schedule-Week 2Sun, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri. 2:30p-11p
NHS is currently seeking a Direct Care Worker to join our Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities division in our Philadelphia location.
With a rich tradition spanning almost 50 years, NHS is at the forefront of providing care and services to people with special needs. Today NHS, through its subsidiaries, is a leading provider of community-based, non-profit education and human services. More than 10,000 employees provide care to almost 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, and Michigan. NHS has developed a unique continuum of care providing services in the areas of mental health, addictive diseases, education, foster care and permanency, autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and many more specialized programs.
WHAT NHS HAS TO OFFER
- The stability that comes with working for a national leader in the human services industry
- Highly competitive compensation plans
- Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible scheduling
- Benefits for all employees including marketplace savings program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more); Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships, mail order prescription plans); legal and financial services; 24-hour nurse hotline; life/disability coverage; and Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental & vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan with company contribution
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay for qualifying employees
- Work involves providing individualized care, activities of daily living, including proper maintenance of living area, and guiding residents in leisure activities, work and day programming
- Work also entails all chores necessary to maintain as normal a living environment as possible, i.e., laundry and housekeeping
- Work is performed in accordance with appropriate procedures under the supervision of the House Manager who reviews results through living area observation of activities in progress, residents' responsiveness, inspection of living area, reports and periodic meetings
- Staff will be required to follow a designated shift routine and assignments as outlined by the House Manager
- Valid state drivers license
- At least 1 year of related experience preferred
- Valid high school diploma
Apply Online: www.nhsonline.org
Requisition Number: 24089
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to email your resume directly to our recruiter at email@example.com
NHS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!