Health Network Laboratories
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Specialist (Next Generation Sequencing)
at Health Network Laboratories
Provides technical expertise and direction to the assigned team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Evaluates, designs, creates, implements, verifies and validates new procedures.
- Recommends methodologies for test performance to Manager/Director and communicates with accurate and timely reports.
- Coordinates and participates in research projects.
- Evaluates and recommends new instrumentation based on established testing parameters and efficiencies.
- Reviews current literature and attends meetings and seminars to keep informed of new developments within the field.
- Establishes performance checks, preventative maintenance, and quality control programs for all instruments as well as evaluates quality control data and institutes corrective action as needed.
- Provides technical guidance and resolves problems associated with instrumentation.
- Prepares and revises laboratory procedure manuals and provides technical in-service and orientation of new staff. Develops training/competency checklists and provides clinical orientation and/or training of new employees/students and current employees.
- Participates in Continuous System Improvement (CSI) and continuing education programs.
- Is subject matter expert in one or more clinical/technical areas within the department.
- Develops and promotes technical and strategic opportunities within area of expertise.
- Directs proper storage of hazardous materials and the laboratory safety program in conjunction with the Safety Department.
- May perform all the duties as outlined in the technologist job description.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must meet CLIA 88 personnel requirements for high complexity testing. Master’s degree preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to use Microsoft office products, and various other computer software products including the Laboratory Information System
Certificates and Licenses:
Certification by a recognized certifying agency for clinical laboratory professionals specialty required (ASCP, ASMT, NCA, etc.) or equivalent.