Health Network Laboratories
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Health Network Laboratories
Supports various laboratory departments and clients by performing tasks, determined by specific site location, such as order entry, specimen collections, processing equipment and reagent preparation checks, specimen transport distribution, supply inventory and waived testing under general supervision and other non-technical support. Clarifies pre-analytical test requirements and provides assistance to customers as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of, adheres to, and accurately completes work according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Orders, receives and triages incoming specimens and evaluates specimen integrity.
- Collects drug screen specimens, performs breath alcohol testing and performs randomization for DOT clients as required; reports results of waived testing performed.
- Processes specimens/slides according to the Laboratory Handbook and SOP’s; Ensures accurate delivery of specimens/slides to appropriate departments.
- Issues/irradiates blood/blood products.
- Performs clerical functions and support to include filing and record maintenance (both hardcopy and through computer programs) including entry of patient demographics and insurance information.
- Contacts clients and patients to obtain missing information as needed.
- Provides on-call and mobile services as required; may travel to multiple locations as assigned.
- Maintains adequate supply inventories and notifies supervisor/manager of any issues in a timely manner.
- Assists in the training/orientation of new staff members and participates in the CSI and continuing education programs.
- Performs laboratory information systems functions for test receipt, requisition and labeling; may perform and record required checks of laboratory equipment and test systems and notifies supervisor/manager of any issues.
- Participates in Health Fair events and performs finger punctures.
- Cleans laboratory equipment, glassware and work surfaces as well as prepares laboratory reagents and other testing supplies with accuracy and with documentation of performed QC checks. Problems are reported to the appropriate supervisor/manager in a timely manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions in English. Ability to write simple correspondence in English. Ability to effectively present information to one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of E-mail and Lab Information System (will train).
Certificates and Licenses:
Selected Laboratory Assistants required to travel for their job must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving history.